Created by Emily on August 21, 2016
Bursting with sunshine flavours start your morning with a swing in your step with this tropical chia pudding bowl.
- Prep Time: 1h
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (light)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup soft silken tofu
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, purple end only, bashed with a rolling pin
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 6 leaves thai basil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, add to taste (depends on how sweet your mangos are)
Topping ideas (keep any extra for another day)
- 2 passionfruit
- handful of baby thai basil leaves
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- For the chia pudding, mix all the ingredients in a bowl together, and leave for at least an hour for the chia seed to do it's thing and start to gel into a porridge-like consistency.
- While you wait, blend all the smoothie ingredients together until smooth. Taste and if you like it to be more sweet then add some of the maple syrup if you think it needs it.
- Toast the toppings in a clean pan on the hob on a low heat (no oil). Get creative, whatever you have in the store cupboard will work!
- And - assemble!
- If you like, put into pots into the fridge ready for breakfast on the go, or for a sweet treat when you feel like it.