An asian fusion recipe spin off from delicious japanese okonomiyaki pancakes. Stuff baby gem lettuce leaves with these flavourful vegetable pancakes, and top with avocado, coriander, kimchi and drizzle with spicy sauce and kewpie mayonnaise.
- 100 grams plain flour
- 100 millilitres water or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 50 grams peeled and grated potato (about half a potato)
- 100 grams green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 50 grams peeled and grated carrot (about half a carrot)
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons siracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- gem lettuce leaves
- soy sauce
- chopped spring onion
- chopped coriander
- kewpie mayonnaise
- chilli flakes
- avocado slices
- Start by preparing all your toppings, and washing and separating the gem lettuce leaves so that you're ready to go when the pancakes are done.
- For the spicy sauce, mix together and put into a squeezy bottle or little jar for drizzling, and set aside.
- To make the pancakes, add the eggs and flour to a bowl, and slowly add the water or vegetable stock while whisking until smooth. Add the rest of the pancake ingredients, and using a thin layer of oil on a non-stick pan, fry into about 10 little circles, about 2-3 inches wide, flipping over so that they become brown and crispy on both sides.
- And you're ready to go! sit a pancake on top of a baby gem lettuce leaf, and add which ever toppings you feel like!